23.2 General gnatcheck Switches
The following switches control the general gnatcheck behavior
- Process all units including those with read-only ALI files such as
those from the GNAT Run-Time library.
- Progress indicator mode (for use in GPS).
- List the predefined and user-defined rules. For more details see
- Use full source locations references in the report file. For a construct from
a generic instantiation a full source location is a chain from the location
of this construct in the generic unit to the place where this unit is
- Duplicate all the output sent to stderr into a log file. The log file
is named gnatcheck.log and is located in the current directory.
- Maximum number of diagnostics to be sent to stdout, where nnnn is in
the range 0...1000;
the default value is 500. Zero means that there is no limitation on
the number of diagnostic messages to be output.
- Quiet mode. All the diagnostics about rule violations are placed in the
gnatcheck report file only, without duplication on stdout.
- Short format of the report file (no version information, no list of applied
rules, no list of checked sources is included)
- Append the content of the specified text file to the report file
- Print out execution time.
- Verbose mode; gnatcheck generates version information and then
a trace of sources being processed.
- -o report_file
- Set name of report file file to report_file .
Note that if any of the options -s1,
-s3 is specified,
then the gnatcheck report file will only contain sections
explicitly denoted by these options.